Agape is a charitable incorporated organisation (CIO), committed to supporting and empowering blind and partially sighted people, so that they may lead fully active lives.
We are an international organisation working in partnership with other Charities and NGO’s in developing countries to promote equality and opportunities for disabled people.
- We believe every individual has the right to an education and the right to pursue their dreams.
- We work as a team
- We treat our service users and our partners with respect and dignity.
- We support and accept any individual for who they are.
To promote the health, equality and independence of blind and partially sighted people living in the Republic of the Congo (and especially, but not exclusively, children and young people) by:
- Advancing the education and training of children, young people and other people who are blind or partially sighted;
- Providing such assistance as children, young people and other people who are blind or partially sighted may require to lead independent lives to obtain employment or otherwise to meet their needs;
- Providing family support services, advice and information for families of children who are blind or partially sighted for the benefit of such children;
- Providing such services, facilities and activities for the benefit of blind and partially sighted children, young people and other people as the society shall from time to time deem fit.